First Post

3.04.2009

Alright, so it's my first post, and I'll admit it's a little intimidating. I've had the thought of blogging in my head for several weeks now, and as I'm sitting down to write my first one, it's like walking to the end of the high dive for the very first time. You know you're going to enjoy the descent, but the precipice is the scariest moment.

The idea behind this blog is to let you know what goes on not only inside my head but inside ChristWay Community Church. People have this mentality that ministers are perfect and never struggle with anything. I grew up in the church, and I thought that the only thing that pastors and ministers ever struggled with was that they spent 2 1/2 hours in prayer instead of 3. I want you to rest assured that that is not me. I'm a real, down-to-earth guy that struggles every single day. I'm not "there" yet, and I want to let you in on the secret that, as Sanctus Real sings, "I'm not alright, I'm broken inside."

Still with me? Are you ready? Hold your breath, because here we go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment